Choosing a Color Palette
An Easy Guide to Choosing Colors for Your Presentations, Websites, Book Covers or Social Media Posts
An Easy Guide to Choosing Colors
Knowing how to use colors effectively to set the mood or atmosphere, or how to pick colors that go well together is important because colors, when used correctly can guide the viewers eye to what’s important or change the tone or mood of a subject.
When used incorrectly it can leave your viewer not quite knowing what to look at first or where to rest their eye.
In this short course you will learn:
- How to decide what tone to set for your project
- An easy way to choose a color palette using a color wheel.
- Some basic color rules that work consistently in helping you to choose colors that go well with each other
- How to use the free color.adobe.com that creates color schemes for you based on your focus color.
- How to extract a color palette from an image that you like
- How to find the Hex value of your logo or colors you already like so that you can use them elsewhere on the internet.
I started my career as an interior designer but have always had a passion for books. In 2013 I wrote one, but like most authors did not have any connections in the publishing world so I decided to format it myself and publish it on Amazon. It was even a bestseller for a very short time.
During the writing and publishing process I was surprised to find how many of my author friends were being held back by not knowing how to get the best out of their writing software and not knowing how to self publish their books so I transitioned into writing books about writing software and teaching people how to self publish.
I had to learn Screenflow to make marketing videos for my books but soon discovered that it is much easier to explain software in a video than it is in a book so I switched to making video courses instead. 6 courses on Udemy so far and 3 are bestsellers.
So my mission statement is to inspire as many people as possible to embrace all the amazing technology we have access to these days that makes publishing easier than ever, and get them to write and publish their own stories and create their own video courses about what they know.